Mayor Malz called the Hamburg City Council meeting to order at 6:59 p.m. Councilmember John Barnes,
Councilmember Larry Mueller, Councilmember Steve Trebesch, Councilmember Chris Lund, City Clerk
Jeremy Gruenhagen, and Fire Chief Brad Droege were in attendance. Deputy Clerk Sue Block and
Maintenance Worker Dennis Byerly were absent.
- No one from the Public was present.
Agenda Review (Added Items) and Adoption
- Councilmember Mueller moved to approve the agenda, seconded by Councilmember Barnes and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
Approve Consent Agenda
- MNSPECT Minute
- Water Usage Report for 2012
- Delinquent Utility Bills Report
- Employee Project Lists
- Approve Time Off Request for Jeremy Gruenhagen
- Councilmember Barnes moved to accept the Consent Agenda, seconded by Councilmember Mueller and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
Fire Department Report – Chief Brad Droege
- Memorial for Public Servants (Protective Services) Update
- Chief Droege updated Council on the progress of the Public Servants Memorial
- Revised NIMS Training Program (Requirements)
- Fire Chief Droege informed Council of the requirements for the revised NIMS training.
- 2011 Annual Township Report/Meeting
- On February 9, 2012 Councilmember Mueller, Councilmember Trebesch, Hamburg Fire Department,Washington Lake Township, and Young America Township met to discuss increasing the Townships per unit cost by $5.00. This increase would generate approximately an additional $880 per year for the Hamburg Fire Dept
- National Night Out – August 7, 2012
- Council discussed and decided to set up a committee consisting of members of the Council, Lions Club, Fire Department, and residents.
- Councilmember Mueller and Mayor Malz volunteered to be on the committee for Council.
Old City Business
- Compost Dumpster
- Council agreed to order two compost dumpsters to be placed at the compost site. City Clean Up Day (Spring 2012)
- City Clerk Gruenhagen will follow up with the City of Norwood/Young America and Waste Management.
- 2010 Census Count/Met Council Population Estimates (June 1, 2013)
- This will be discussed next year.
- Estimates for Residing Food Stand (Park)
- All estimates must be received by the April 10, 2012 Council meeting.
- Estimates for Sidewalk Replacement (Henrietta Ave)
- Council Member Mueller presented Council with the spec sheet for the project.
- All estimates must be received by the April 10, 2012 Council meeting.
- Discuss Number of Monthly City Council Meetings
- Council discussed changing the City Council meetings from twice a month to only once a month during the summer. Council decided to hold one Council meeting during the months of May 2012 through August 2012.
- Councilmember Barnes made moved to hold one Council meeting per month starting with May and continuing through August, seconded by Councilmember Mueller and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
Public Works & Utilities Department Report
- Purchase Utility Locater/Camera – Ordinance Number 124
- City has received the camera and the utility locater. Lighting System Analysis for CC/Fire Hall, Community Hall & Park
- City Clerk Gruenhagen reported that BLI Lighting plans on starting the retrofitting for the lights by the end of March.
- Paint Community Center
- The Paint Color for the Community Center has been picked out and Maintenance Worker Byerly plans to paint the Community Center this spring.
- Trees (Trimming)
- Council agreed to call Bob Shanahan for an estimate and Council Member Lund stated he would obtain another estimate.
- Electric Pole at Hall
- Utility Pole (Xcel Energy) on the North side of the Hall should be straightened next week. Robb’s Electric will work with Xcel Energy on correcting the pole and electrical connection to the Hall.
- Sweep Streets
- Council stated that Kohl’s Sweeping should be contacted to sweep the City streets.
City Clerk/Treasurer Report
- 2011 Financial Audit (Abdo, Eick & Meyers)
- Abdo, Eick & Meyers will be at the next Council Meeting to report on the 2011 Financial Audit. 2012 – 2030 Carver County SolidWaste Master Plan - Inverse Condemnation Bill – Organized Solid
- Waste Collection
- Council discussed the proposed Inverse Condemnation Bill in relation to Organized Solid Waste and the affects it would have with the Cities current contract with Waste Management. City Clerk Gruenhagen reported that as he reads the bill, if passed, the city would no longer be able to choose organized collection as an option and would have to end their contract with Waste Management when it expires.
- Water Management Plan Update – Cost Estimate/Options
- Councilmember Barnes moved to have City Clerk Gruenhagen and City Engineer Justin Black meet with Carver County to discuss the Cities options for adopting the County’s Watershed Plan, seconded by Councilmember Mueller and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
- 2012 Annual Guide to the NYA Area
- Council discussed and decided to do a fourth page ad.
- Councilmember Mueller moved to place a fourth page ad in the 2012 Annual Wedding Guide, seconded by Councilmember Trebesch and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
- Laserfiche – Document Management for Local Government
- Council reviewed information but no action was taken.
- Stabilization Pond Seminar (New Ulm) – April 10 – 12
- Councilmember Mueller made a motion to allow City Clerk Gruenhagen to attend the Stabilization Pond Seminar in New Ulm on April 10, 2012 to April 12, 2012, seconded by Councilmember Trebesch and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
- Councilmember Mueller made a motion to amend the motion to allow City Clerk Gruenhagen and Maintenance Worker Byerly to attend the Stabilization Pond Seminar in New Ulm on April 10, 2012 to April 12, 2012, seconded by Councilmember Barnes and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
Approve Payment of March 2012 Claims
- Approve Payment of March 2012 Claims
- Councilmember Barnes moved to approve the three ACH payments and claim number 15516 through 15547, seconded by Councilmember Trebesch and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
City Council Reports
- Councilmember Mueller (Sewer &Water)
- Accel Meeting
- Public Works Employee Sick Time
- Not seeking re-elections
- Councilmember Lund (Streets) reported on the following
- Update on Hall Cooler. Cooler has been completed. Thank You should be sent to Lions Club.
- Homeless Person living in his car on Brad Street and neighbor concerns. The Sheriffs Office has been made aware of the situation and is monitoring his status.
- Councilmember Trebesch (Buildings) had nothing more to report.
- Councilmember Barnes (Parks) had nothing more to report.
- Mayor Malz reported on the following:
- Lettering and Supplies for Ford Ranger. Lettering (City of Hamburg) for the Ford Ranger has been installed and the tool box and light has been ordered.
Adjourn City Council Meeting
- Councilmember Mueller moved to adjourn the Hamburg City Council meeting at 8:01 p.m., seconded by Councilmember Barnes and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.