Mayor Richard Malz called the Hamburg Public Hearing to order at 7:00 p.m. Councilmember Steve Trebesch, Councilmember Chris Lund, Councilmember Richard Odoms, City Clerk Jeremy Gruenhagen, Deputy Clerk Susan Block, and Maintenance Worker Dennis Byerly were in attendance. Others in attendance were Richard (Bob) Gregonis, John Barnes and Larry Mueller.
Ordinance Number 144 (2013 City Fee Schedule)
- No comments were received from the public
- Councilmember Lund moved to adjourn the Public Hearing on Ordinance Number 144 at 7:05 p.m., seconded by Councilmember Trebesch and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
Mayor Richard Malz called the Hamburg City Council Meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. Councilmember Steve
Trebesch, Councilmember Chris Lund, Councilmember Richard Odoms, City Clerk Jeremy Gruenhagen,
Deputy Clerk Susan Block, and Maintenance Worker Dennis Byerly were in attendance. Others in attendance were Richard (Bob) Gregonis, John Barnes and Larry Mueller. Fire Chief Brad Droege arrived at 7:15 p.m.
- Retiring Councilmember John Barnes encouraged the two new Council members to attend the Newly Elected Officials Conference. This conference is very informative for first time elective officials.
Recognition for Retiring Council Members
- Mayor Malz presented an award of recognition plaque to Larry Mueller for his ten years of service as a City Council member and an award of recognition plaque to John Barnes for his four years service as a City Council member.
Agenda Review (Added Items) and Adoption
- Added – Hand out showing what sanitary sewer lines need to be jetted and televised.
- Added – Information for attending the Leadership Conference for Newly Elected Officials.
- Added – Local Board of Appeal and Equalization/Open Book Meeting
- Updated – January 2012 Claims List
- Councilmember Odoms moved to approve the Agenda with the added items, Councilmember Lund seconded and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
Approve Consent Agenda
- Approve Resolution Number 2013-03
- With approving the Consent Agenda and Resolution Number 2013-03 City Council will here by appoint Robert (Bob) Gregonis to fill the vacant position on the Hamburg City Council. As a Council member he would serve from January 22, 2013 to the end of December 2014. The remainder of the four year Council term would then be determined at the next General
Election by Special Election.
- Approve Minutes for January 8, 2013
- Cash Flow Statements for December 2012
- Time-Off Requests for Jeremy Gruenhagen
- Delinquent Utility Bills Report
- Councilmember Trebesch moved to approve the Consent Agenda, seconded by Councilmember Lund and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
Adopt City Fee Schedule for 2013
- Ordinance Number 144 (2013 City Fee Schedule)
- Councilmember Lund moved to adopt the 2013 City Fee Schedule (Ordinance Number 144), seconded by Councilmember Trebesch and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
Old City Business (Memo)
- NIMS Training Program (Requirements)
- Members of Council and Maintenance Worker Byerly will set a meeting date to go through the NIMS training.
- City Clerk Gruenhagen will gather the information on how long each session would take to complete the training.
Fire Department Report – Chief Brad Droege
- The Fire Department Banquet/Dance on January 12, 2013 had a low turn out. Next year the Fire Department may consider changing the event to something other than a Banquet/Dance.
Public Works & Utilities Department Report
Electric Panel for Liftstation
- Northstar Pump was contacted to order the panel for the Liftstation.
- The best time to install the panel is before the spring thaw.
- Bob Bossert from Floyd Total Security will be attending the February 12, 2013 Council meeting to discuss monitoring options for the Liftstation.
Estimates to Clean/Jet and Televise Sanitary Sewer Lines in 2013
- Pipe Services in Shakopee and Empire Pipe Services from Mankato will be contacted and asked to submit quotes for Jetting and Televising three to five thousand feet of sewer lines this spring.
- There is approximately 18,000 feet of sanitary sewer line pipe in Hamburg.
City Clerk/Treasurer Report
Zoning Ordinance Amendment to allow Apartments within a Single Family Home (R-1 District)
- City Planner Ann Perry will be asked to draw up a public hearing notice and the zoning ordinance amendment, Ordinance Number 145, to amend the cities zoning ordinance to allow one or two apartment rentals within a zoned R-1 Single Family home district. Currently, the City Zoning Ordinance does not allow apartments within a single family home.
- Councilmember Lund moved to set the Public Hearing for Zoning Ordinance 145 on February 12, 2013 at 6:45 p.m., Seconded by Councilmember Trebesch and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
Storm Water Drainage/Tile Line (Ditch North of City Limits)
- Council will take no further action concerning the Storm Water Drainage Tile line unless Larry Dreier requests further discussion on his drainage issue.
Approve Payment of Added January 2013 Claims
- Approve Payment of added January 2013 Claims with the addition of claim number 16096 to Carmen Mueller for reimbursement of canceled Hall rental.
- Councilmember Odoms moved to approve the seven ACH payments and claim number 16078 to claim number 16096 for a total of $22,298.50, Councilmember Lund seconded and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.
City Council Reports
- Councilmember Lund Report (Parks)
- The Lions Club talked to a representative from LCIF about a matching grant to add a Handicap Bathroom at the Bi-Centennial Park. A fund raiser may also be held to help raise funds for the Handicap Bathroom once a building plan is decided on and the cost.
- Mayor Malz
- Mayor Malz asked members of Council to help support town organizations when they are holding fund raisers.
- Councilmember Gregonis (Water & Sewer)
- The Hall downstairs men’s bathroom floor has an open hole that should be fixed for it is a liability risk to the City.
Adjourn City Council Meeting
Councilmember Trebesch moved to adjourn the Hamburg City Council meeting at 7:56 p.m.,
Councilmember Odoms seconded and motion unanimously carried. All Council members were present.